Become a board member of the Shepherd Wellness Community
Make a difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS.
Would you like to make difference in the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS in the Pittsburgh region? We encourage you to apply to join the board of directors of the Shepherd Wellness Community, the only AIDS community in Western Pennsylvania.
SWC board members have a unique opportunity to be a part of our mission of helping people living with HIV/AIDS improve their wellness. Read about our history, programs and events at www.swconline.org
Board members are expected to:
- Commit to a full two-year term. Board terms begin on September 1.
- Participate in a 90 minute board meeting every other month (Jan., March, May, July, Sept., Nov.)
- Serve as an active ambassador, connector, and leader for SWC in the community
- Support our work financially as you are able
- Additional opportunities for service include: chairing a committee, serving on a committee, volunteering at Wellness Dinners, providing professional advice to our organization, assisting with special projects.
Click here to read about the basic responsibilities of a board and legal duties of board members
How do I apply?
Click here to complete and submit a Board Member Application online.
Download a Board Member Application.
Click here to download in Word.
Click here to download as a pdf file.